Hey Everyone! If you follow me on Instagram you see that I’ve been posting meals I cook. Adopting a plant based lifestyle has definitely been a journey and I am learning new things all the time. From cooking to recipes to foods this lifestyle opened up a new world for me. I was so inspired in the beginning, that is why I started posting food in the first place, soon it started to inspire others because people I know were asking me questions about how to take the plant based route. If you want to know what exactly I eat and don’t eat or need a few tips and resources to help kick start your journey you can click here. I have a few posts that may be helpful so type “plant based” in the search bar of my blog to pull of all of the posts.
*Ladies especially, be sure to check out my post on going plant based, down there!
I recently made vegan lasagna for the first time and it was GREAT! I will probably add meatless meat next time, however like I said it is GREAT without it. It is unfortunate I don’t have a picture of what it looked like when it was done, (cooking and taking pics and cleaning as you go is alot lol) but I did get a pic of when I was making it. Here is the link to recipe I followed for the ricotta cheese, which was AMAZING! https://www.fooduzzi.com/2017/04/vegan-cashew-ricotta/
Here is how to make the lasagna:
- Start boiling your lasagna noodles and preheat your oven to 350F.
- Sautee the zucchini, shredded carrots, mushrooms, and spinach with a little olive oil, garlic, onions, and peppers for about 5 minutes. Just long enough to wilt the spinach a little and to soften the other veggies a bit.
- Keep in mind your cashews have to soak for at least 2 hours to make the ricotta cheese. So you can make it ahead or if your cashews are soaked and ready go, make your ricotta now.
- By then your noodles should be done.
- Start with a layer of sauce (I used organic tomato basil) at the bottom of the pan, then noodles, then spread the ricotta cheese on, add your veggies, and a little more sauce. Repeat this starting with the noodles until you have about 3 layers, then sprinkle some nutritional yeast on top!
- Cover with foil, Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Boom. Vegan Lasagna.
A couple people wanted the details on this so I hope this was helpful! Even if you give this to meat eaters I’m almost sure they will still like it. I love it vegan lasagna is simple and full of flavor! Who says vegan can’t have comfort food?
If you try this meal drop a line in the comments and let me know how it turns out!
Thanks for stopping by!